More fun facts about #Iceland, this time from @NYTimesKrugman.
- Nobel laureate Joe Stiglitz: Iceland was right to jail the bankers
- Of course it helps to be sitting on top of a geyser farm
- Iceland was the only European country that dared to default on the bankers
- Iceland Erects Middle Finger, Wins in [Market-Ticker]
- Iceland’s approach to dealing with the meltdown has put the needs of its population ahead of the markets at every turn
Nobel laureate Joe Stiglitz: Iceland was right to jail the bankers.
H/t Kim Fry.
Chris Hedges schools Kevin O’Leary | #uspoli #OccupyWallStreet
Chris Hedges, who’s been cited here before, calls out Kevin O’Leary for his snide condescension, name-calling and browbeating, all the while recasting the whole notion of conservatism versus radicalism in the context of discussing the Occupy Wall Street action currently taking place in New York. Several important points about what Hedges characterizes as the criminal nature of the parasitic banking class, and how it contrasts with traditional views of capitalism and productivity. Right toward the end, Hedges turns the traditional corporate-media analysis on its head by making a trenchant observation about who the conservatives are and who the revolutionaries are.
As Jymn points out, anyone who still thinks of the CBC as a left-wing propaganda outlet ought to see this. O’Leary does his best to channel the likes of Bill O’Reilly or Sean Hannity, complete with the insults, interruptions, sneering and red herrings, and Hedges pins the Fox comparison squarely on his forehead.
If we’re interested in preserving the quality of public discourse, if we value respect and civility, we could start by taking away Kevin O’Leary’s publicly funded soapbox.
- Some Republican nobody on the #OccupyWallStreet action
- Chris Hedges on #OccupyWallStreet | #classwarfare
- The Cult That Is Destroying America
- America today: Rick Perry has another prayer meeting, thousands line up in the heat for school supplies
- 14 Propaganda Techniques Fox “News” Uses to Brainwash Americans | Truthout