“I am apologizing. If I’ve offended the medical officer of health, Doug Ford apologizes to him,” Ford said.
“Who is going to apologize to the taxpayers when they go out and spend $60,000 on a transportation study?”
Help me out here, Dougie. Why should anyone, least of all David McKeown, apologize for a traffic study?
Instead of the decent thing, Mr. Ford is doing what he always does when under attack: shoot the messenger. “It’s all political. It’s just nonsense,” the mayor told reporters on Thursday. He wants to get rid of the integrity commissioner, the ombudsman and, for good measure, the lobbyist registrar.
@marcusbgee on the latest embarrassment at City Hall.
Once again, the Ford boys show their contempt for the rules.
What’s the point of winning an election if we don’t get to do whatever the fuck we want?
They’re special, you see. They don’t need no stinkin’ rules.
It seems that a lot of former Ford voters are feeling a bit of buyers’ remorse. One wonders how this will affect it.
- @Cityslikr, @NickKouvalis, and more on controlling the narrative: the runup to 2014 | #TOpoli
- @TOMayorFord, football, and the #TOpoli gong show: why does he let this go on?
- Conflict of interest and the toxic Ford effect | #TOpoli
- @JohnLorinc and @GraphicMatt on Rob Ford and conflict of interest | #TOpoli
Source: The Globe and Mail
Team Ford to city staff: Keep your expertise to yourself, or else | #TOpoli
The mayor, a champion of car travel, went further on his Sunday Newstalk 1010 radio show, calling McKeown’s $290,000 salary “an embarrassment,” and promising to “look into it.” His brother, Councillor Doug Ford, calling in from Florida, asked: “Why does (McKeown) still have a job?”
Goddamn those smart people with their facts and evidence and experience, anyway.
So Toronto’s medical officer of health floats an idea about reducing speed limits in order to make the streets safer for pedestrians and cyclists. Can’t have that, of course. Silly doctor — streets are for buses, cars, and trucks.
Forget all that facty, evidency, history stuff that Cityslikr’s citing about carcentrism being a relatively recent thing. (And what kind of condescending, elitist-type word is that, anyway?)
What’s Team Ford’s reaction? Can’t have a discussion about it, it’s just nuts nuts nuts. How much are we paying this guy, anyway? Let’s look into that. It’s an embarrassment. Why does this guy still have a job?
Got that, city staff? Zip it, or … well, shame about Gary Webster, innit.
Perhaps council should take the board of health away from the FoBros. It’s pretty clear that they can’t be trusted not to break things.
- Exposed: the truth behind Toronto’s transit woes | #TOpoli
- Video: This is what a public servant looks like | @kristynwongtam <3 #TOpoli
- Politics, decency, and finding common ground: the restoration of civility | #TOpoli #cdnpoli
- #TeamFord has no subway plan | #TOpoli #transit
- Toronto’s transit future: avoiding the Team Ford Disaster | #TOpoli
- From Grover Norquist to Gary Webster: putting #TeamFord’s #TTC jihad in context | #TOpoli #Toronto
- Another Rob Ford gem, and its bearing on the #TTC | #TOpoli #saveGaryWebster
- Time for a #TransitCity happy dance? | #TOpoli #TeamFord
- #TeamFord and our city: Can no one talk sense to these guys?