Some people use Québec to scare non-Québec Canadians to whip up nationalistic feelings of patriotism so that we simply fall in line. Just like Marois has done to avoid talking about real policies, commentators in the ROC are doing the same thing.
It’s easier to scare people with the belief that Canada is about to collapse because of Québec than to allow Canadians to see which public policies are possible, like 7$/day daycare. If Canadians knew about Québec’s approach to social programs they might just start demanding them in Nova Scotia or Ontario. They might start taking to the streets in the hundreds of thousands.
Instead: fear separation. Fear the separatists who hate Canada like terrorists hate freedom.
From the wondrously awesome Nora Loreto.
9 Notes/ Hide
- fycanadianpolitics reblogged this from solchrom
- pewpewlasernipples reblogged this from spikeghost
- spikeghost reblogged this from solchrom
- telepathetic likes this
- thelonelylefty reblogged this from olyoffcourse
- thelonelylefty likes this
- dveon likes this
- olyoffcourse reblogged this from solchrom
- solchrom posted this