in societies where the elites do not suffer from the consequences of their decisions, but can insulate themselves, the elite are more likely to pursue their short-term interests, even though that may be bad for the long-term interests of the society, including the children of the elite themselves.
From a Q&A with Jared Diamond. Not as if there are implications for Canada in any of this, or anything to do with tar-sands exploitation, or austerity, or class warfare or anything.
9 Notes/ Hide
- capitalismvshumanity reblogged this from dearlydisturbed
- cupcakehunter likes this
- disc0nnectmyhead reblogged this from dearlydisturbed
- worldwidepandemic reblogged this from dearlydisturbed
- b4bybat reblogged this from dearlydisturbed
- dearlydisturbed reblogged this from solchrom
- theboulderrollingsociety reblogged this from solchrom
- thepeoplesrecord likes this
- solchrom posted this